Mentor Digital, one of Bristol’s fastest growing digital agencies, based just a short walk from the city centre, is looking for a Front-End Developer to assist with web design, software, and CMS integration projects.
We are a full-service agency with a high-end software and technical systems development team, an excellent UX and creative team and a video production department to support our growing list of impressive clients.
- Writing CSS using TailwindCSS framework and BEM methodologies
- Building interfaces to be WCAG compliant
- Implementing page speed optimisation techniques
- Utilizing GIT for source control
- Collaborating with creative, back-end and client-side teams to bring websites and features to life
- Working in multidisciplinary teams during web project’s life cycle
- Maintaining client’s websites with both new features and bug fixing
The ideal candidate will have the following
- 3+ years of commercial experience within a web development environment doing front-end development
- Proficient in CSS and use of pre-processors (SCSS)
- Skilled in responsive web development/mobile first methodologies
- Experience writing modular and maintainable code
- Ability to analyse requirements and problems and propose solutions
- A passion for front-end development
- Good people and communications skills
- An excellent eye for detail
Nice to haves
- Experience with Umbraco CMS and .NET development (Razor)
- Experience working with Gulp/Webpack build tools and Node.JS
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Vue and/or Angular
Developer life at Mentor
- Daily developer team stand ups
- Estimation sessions with developer teams
- Regular code reviews
- Developers are involved in projects end-to-end
- Constant evolution of front-end processes and technologies
- Front-end team collaboration and show & tells
- Pluralsight subscription for continuing personal development
- Umbraco training will be provided
Mentor offers remote / working from home arrangements. The ideal candidate will be able to attend our Bristol office for meetings and events when required.
We offer some excellent benefits, here are a few to expect if you join our team:
- A contributory pension with free access to an IFA for pensions advice
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Birthdays Off!
- Time off in Lieu of Overtime
- Carbon Offsetting (we offset our Employees' whole Carbon footprint, not just for work activity)
- Employee Referral Scheme
Please apply here
Or, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please, we politely ask that you send your CV by email in the first instance.
No agencies please.
More about what we do
Discover more about us in our recent blogs and portfolio of recent projects.