Mentor Digital, one of Bristol’s fastest growing digital agencies, based just a short walk from the city centre, is looking for a Digital Account Manager (New Business) to join our team. We are an award-winning digital agency with a high-end web design and development team, exceptional creative department, and digital marketing team producing quality work for a growing list of impressive clients.
We are looking for an Account Manager to work within our Client Services team to handle incoming new business enquiries, and to manage communications and logistics around our sales and onboarding process with new clients, and within the agency. The role will also support the Client Services team with existing client accounts, managing and developing relationships, providing support around technical and creative solutions, and regular retainer work.
We need a confident, professional, outgoing person with an excellent phone manner, and effective written email skills, to impress new clients throughout their experience of first contact with Mentor.
Part of this role will be to take incoming new business calls, and to phone back incoming leads. You will take initial client briefs, document bullet points from these, and manage logistics around arranging meetings, tenders or follow up calls with our internal team.
You will work with our senior team to deliver tender documents, bringing together draft documents using existing templates and preparing document structure to address specific tender questions. You will make intelligent use of previous drafted answers to common tender questions and will highlight areas where bespoke content needs to be written by the agency’s directors.
You will be essential in the pitch process for larger projects as you will handle logistics and communications with clients and internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring internal teams have all the information they need, that internal meetings are proactively booked for pitch preparation well in advance of any deadlines and that video calls are scheduled. You will also be responsible for ensuring that creative pitch work is scheduled in with our design team.
Your role will also include some marketing support including drafting articles and press releases for our website, making updates to site content, such as posting jobs and case studies. Liaising with lead generation agencies, building occasional email newsletters, and doing awards research/submissions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record within a web design and development agency environment and will have experience of managing client relationships around web development and creative projects. You will be an excellent communicator and will be able to manage multiple client tasks efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to diligently manage customers' needs
- Ability to capture information with good attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Great people skills
- Highly organised, proactive, and efficient
- Confident making outgoing calls with a good phone/video manner
- Ability to type up meeting notes whilst on a phone/video call
- Strong numeracy skills
- Exceptional attention to detail for proof reading
- Confident with information technology (Excel, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote etc.)
Nice to haves
The following would be beneficial but are not essential:
- Experience developing client relationships and briefs within a web development/software or creative agency.
- Experience of web applications / CMS systems
- Experience of web design projects
- Sales experience in a relevant agency environment
We offer excellent benefits, here are a few to expect if you join our team:
- A contributory pension with free access to an IFA for pensions advice
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Birthdays Off!
- Time off in Lieu of Overtime
- Carbon Offsetting (we offset our Employees' whole Carbon footprint, not just for work activity)
- Employee Referral Scheme
Please apply here
Please send your CV to email@example.com
No calls please, we politely ask that you send your CV by email in the first instance.
No agencies please.
More about what we do
Discover more about us in our recent blogs and portfolio of recent projects.