Location: Bristol, UK
Mentor Digital is looking for a software tester with a passion for quality
As a software tester, you will be involved in the quality assurance stage of website and software development / deployments. You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
A little about you
You will be a self starter with a keen eye for detail. You will already have good experience within a development or software/website testing role.
Your role will vary depending on project requirements. You may join a project at the initial implementation stages to assess potential risks, or at another point when testing becomes a key requirement.
Your day will include:
- meeting with project owners to understand the scope of projects
- working with software developers and project support teams
- regression testing
- stress testing
- performance testing
- functional testing
- writing and executing test scripts
- running manual and automated tests
- testing in different environments including web and mobile (multiple browsers)
- writing bug reports
- reviewing documentation
- working towards departmental and project deadlines
- quality assurance
- providing objective feedback to software development project teams
- designing tests to mitigate risk
- presenting findings to software development, project management and client services teams
- working on multiple projects at one time
- document analysis
- communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
Degrees in computing, software engineering or computer science are favourable, but all degrees are considered.
You will need to have:
- strong communicator and team player with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- problem solving skills
- excellent attention to detail
- excellent writing and numeracy skills
- the ability to work under pressure
- attention to detail
- competent technical skills
- the ability to work in a team and individually
- organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
- a passion for technology.
- Experienced working in both Agile and Waterfall environment
- Ability to write test plans, test reports, test strategies and user guides
- Previous Jira experience (not essential)
- Flexi-time – Start anytime between 8am and 10am
- Beer Fridge Fridays
- Great Summer and Xmas parties
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please, we politely ask that you send your CV by email in the first instance.